Friday 7 December 2007

Where it all started for me

My main brickwall in my family history searching is Castle Bytham, Lincolnshire, UK. This is where my GGGG Grandfather George Eayrs' birth was registered in the parish register in 1766, and where his marriage to Mary Fowler was celebrated on 23 Nov 1787. They resettled immediately after marriage to nearby Market Deeping, and from then on I know about most (not all) of the family descent.

The picture is of St James' Church, Castle Bytham, where my ancestors (according to the Parish Registers) must have been married. You can learn more about the church here.

Picture copyrighted to Ron Cole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of corrections.

L to R Mrs E.G Eayrs, Robert aged two, Estelle 3 and a half, behind Warren 15, Barbara 13, and Mr W.E.P Eayrs, a family of six from Islington leaving Euston today. They are going back to Perth where Warren was born.
The family had returned to England for a holiday and were trapped by the war.

Martin Eayrs said...

In case the comment above seems strange in the context it was actually intended to accompany the preceding posting - 'Off to Australia". [ME]